If you are interested in discussing speaking opportunities then please email: Jade.Levell@Bristol.ac.uk
Looking for a speaker? Jade Levell is a specialist in gender-based violence and serious youth violence, as well as gender theory including studies of masculinities. Research interests include adverse childhood experiences, childhood domestic violence, on-road and gang subcultures, organised crime, masculinity theory, DVA perpetrators, feminist praxis. Prior to her research career Jade worked for over ten years in charities that work to end gender based violence, in support work, policy work, and professional training. This diverse range of grassroots advocacy and activism work informs her research practice.
Compelling and passionate speaker on gender-based violence, intersecting inequalities, and social justice. Experienced in teaching large groups at undergraduate and postgraduate University level. Nominated for 2 teaching awards at the University of Bristol (2022), noting her engaging and passionate teaching style on issues of gender-based violence. Knowledgable in all up-to-date research and policy on GBV.
Prioritising Survivors. Due to a wide range of front-line work experience with survivors, personal experience, as well as in-depth life history research, the survivors voice, dignity, and humanity is always present and central in all presentations.
Experienced Front-line Skills and Safeguarding Trainer. Experienced in delivering multi-agency training for front-line professionals. Including Level 3 Safeguarding training on domestic abuse, child sexual exploitation, and abuse in young peoples relationships for the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board in West London. Trained CEOP (Child exploitation and online protection) ambassador. Delivered masterclasses for social workers in 2020/2021 on domestic abuse, child survivors, and gang-involvement for the Dorset/Wiltshire Teaching Partnership. Provided training for professionals across the South-West on Domestic Abuse Perpetrator Work in 2022.
Previous Speaking Enagements:
- European Conference on Domestic Violence, Slovenia [Online] 2021
- European Society of Criminology Conference 2020
- European Society of Criminology Conference, Ghent, Belgium, 2019
- British Society of Criminology Conference 2019
- WAVE (Women Against Violence Europe) Conference in Bulgaria (2013) on Domestic Violence and Health Interventions
- RESPECT Conference (2014) workshop on identifying male victims in health settings
- Domestic Violence Coordinators Network (DVCN) Conference (2013) on using the Coordinated Community Response approach to DV and Health at the National